Thursday, October 30, 2008

On the way to recovery!!

So today is day 8 post surgery and things have been going so well. Everyone I talked to said it would be the most painful thing I would go through so the whole time I have been waiting and waiting for it to get worse. The worst days were supposed to be days 3-5, but to be honest they really didn't feel any differently then the rest of the days. Don't get me wrong, it has has it moments, but for the most part I think I have been very lucky to not be in so much pain. I think My surgeon was Dr. Beus for anyone who is looking for a good one, I highly recommend him.

Heather has taken such good care of me and making sure I had all my medicines and food and ice and water by my side at all times. I have never been with her and the kids for a week straight without being on vacation so I got to see exactly what it took to be a mom and WOW it is work! Heather is an amazing mom and so patient, I don't think Cohen ever stops! But once you hear his cute little voice and see his big smile you can't help but love him. The kids are so cute and tried to be so helpful to me. Livvy continued to feed me ice any time I asked. She would come into my room (her room that she so nicely shared with me) and would ask, how much better are you feeling today B? I would show her with my fingers and say a little bit and she would say okay, but I think the main reason she was asking was because when I am feeling a lot better then Curtis, her puppy could come back. I felt so bad, they sent him to Blanding with Jeremy's mom so that I would be able to stay with them since I am allergic to him which was so so nice of them.

Nicole Oldroyd and Hilary Peterson came to visit me today with their cute little babies Kade and Camry. It was so so good to see them. I love hanging out with those girls. It's always so fun when we get together!

4 comments:

Colby and Hilary said...

Benita I am so glad you are feeling a little better. I feel so bad for you!!! It was so good to see you. We need to plan our little weekend trip soon!!! Let me know if you need anything!

Heats said...

I still think you left too soon :( Miss you!

R Clan said...

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better and that things are going well. That was so nice of your sister to take care of you.

Jolynne said...

I hope your feeling all better now! Oh and that you have your voice back!