Monday, June 9, 2008

monday monday

is it just me or has this year gone by so fast?? i mean really its June? what?? and oh yeah its still basically winter...i went to vegas with my sister heather - it was a surprise for her but i had known for weeks. we went and saw phantom and shopped all day. it was so fun, a good little break from the everyday provo life. but mostly i have been just working everyday and doing random things at night.

So about a week ago my dad and i were chatting over msn and somehow he just started sending me pictures that he wanted me to post on my blog...hahaha...here's what they were...

i'm pretty sure this was my 6th grade birthday party. i hope you all of you who are in this enjoy this as much as i did. stephanie...i'm pretty sure that is you with the hair half up with the braid and your back to the camera.

awful... this is what i thought "do your hair curly for your chrismast dance recital" meant... someone should have given me a picture as an example.




18 comments:

Jenna said...

Shirley Temple curly top hairstyles are the best!

Colby and Hilary said...

Benita look at me i'm a blogger now!! Check out my sweet glasses in that birthday picture!! Wow!!

Jolynne said...

Oh my dad sent me some too! haha! I am glad Im not posted in any of those pictures!...Phew

Unknown said...

wow bbear... LOVE those curls. please teach me how to do it :) i miss you! you are adorable!!

kristen said...

benita bates. long time no see my friend. I'm glad you have a blog. :)

R Clan said...

Love the curls. It's fun to see pictures like this.

Amber said...

You are the cutest Shirley Temple on the face of the planet! I love old photos... I might post a few! I am glad you had fun in Vegas. That would be an amazing vacation about now. As for Heather's shower, I will probably be able to make it!! Is it an open house? I might not be able to stay the whole time.

Heats said...

Sad to say I might be part of the responsible party for the curl overload. I think Cami did those! I love my little B! I loved Vegas, it couldn't have gone any better (except for the getting lost on the strip part) HA HA!

Kelly said...

hahahaha... yes.. love the hair

Canadian Ainu'u's said...

Well, thanks for the invite to Las Vegas!...lol.
I'm just starting my blogging world because I've been trying to avoid it because at one time, I actually didn't think it was as cool as myspace!...hahaha...I know! I don't know how to add friends yet, but if you could help me out that would be great.
Tia

Kara said...

LOVE the pictures! GO Doug!!!

Canadian Ainu'u's said...

What's your email address? And Lisa's too please! :)

Muncher Cruncher said...

How is it that I always think I comment on your blog, but never do? The photos are fantastic. You're fantastic...Lake Powell is fantastic...sorry I got side tracked ;)

Karrissa Winward said...

Hey you!! How are you? Hey, I would love to keep looking at your blog. If you want to see ours send me your email address to karrissa@inpnet.org. I hope everything is going well!

Tyson Pyle said...

remember when we were supposed to go to phantom?

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Hey Benita! I just came acrossed your blog and thought I'd say hi, haha these pictures are hilarious. LOVE the hair. Those were the days, when there wasn't a care in the world! Hope you're having a fun summer...even though the weather in Utah hasn't been that great.

Brandalyn said...

It looks like we are missing out on a good time in California!! Love the curls, sad thing is I was probably doing your hair those days!!

Canadian Ainu'u's said...

So, I heard we're both double jointed in our hands. Do you even understand how cool we would look having a thumb war?...lol.