Friday, June 27, 2008

Kayla is growing up....


So this is so crazy to write about, but my little tiny baby first neice Kayla is 12!!! what?? I was 10 when she was born so it has always been like she was my baby sister more than i was her aunt. It's weird for me to even say i am an aunt, it makes me feel old... haha. Kayla and I share a special bond that we can always joke around and play and have a good time. It seems like just yesterday she was a baby and i was carrying her on my hip which was stuck out of it's socket just about, thinking i needed the support. I just barely went with her to her 12 year old birthday party which i must say was about 10 steps above my scavenger hunt for a party. The big pink limo picked all her friends and Lisa and I up at her house and took us to Sweet and Sassys. Its a cute little salon that you can get facials, finger nails painted, get your hair done, have a fashion show and on and on. It was crazy to see her be just like i was at her age except much more girly. I was still into the nike t-shirts and not washing my hair.. :) Kayla loves horseback riding and gets to start competing soon! I am so excited to see her! She used to dance and I loved going to see her. She is so cute. I love her!! She is growing up so fast - i sound like i am 50 but its true!!

4 comments:

R Clan said...

WOW! I can't believe she is twelve. That's nuts.

Canadian Ainu'u's said...

Whoa, are you like 50 or something?...lol. I remember that stage when you wouldn't wash your hair...yes, I noticed...hahaha! I'm just kidding Benita!!! So Kayla is 12, and you were 10 when she was born... 12+10=22. I'm so glad I made it through elementary school.

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

I know how you feel I do the same thing with my Nieces and Nephews. If you come out to Texas we for sure need to get together. I live in Plano just outside of Dallas.

Amber said...

She is so cute!! My nephew just turned one. Time will fly and before I know it, he'll be 12 too!!