Thursday, June 26, 2008

strawberry days...

Stephanie, Bethany, Amber and I all ran in the 5K race for Strawberry days. I have ran twice since i ran in the half marathon in April, and decided that i kinda like not running... when you start training for a long run like that it seems to consume your life and its all you think about after work is how you are going to fit in the long runs. It's crazy how much stamina you lose when you quit running so often. It was only three miles but i thought i was going to die! Stephanie and Bethany were great partners though. I guess i should still kinda keep running so I can enjoy these little fun runs a little more... here is a little post race picture.


So after the race it was of course on to the usual Saturday pool side at the Avenues. I have been trying so hard to wear sunscreen cause its way to painful and i have learned my lesson too many times not to. So i lost my sunscreen and used some old bottle with nothing in it and i was so paranoid about getting burnt before going to lake powell that i for the first time that i can remember placed a towell over my body to protect myself and then quickly called it a day. poor megs didn't get all the sun she wanted but i figured it would be better to go in then for her to hear me complain for the next week. right?? We then hit up the local DI and picked up our outfits for the Strawberry Day's Rodeo. I really don't know how i walked out the door in my outfit but i did.. it was so much fun though. trevor picked up the best outfit - a real genuine cowboy shirt, he fit right in. Stephanie looked so cute as always, Cami had a classic rodeo princess which was amazing, and megs and I went with the shorts and fannell shirt with boots. megan looked really cute, i just looked like a disaster here is the proof...


at the rodeo there was a guy who i asked to take a picture for us. he couldn't have been more upset. i promise i didn't know that the guys with the cows and the ropes were coming out, there was no need to yell at me. he ended up taking the picture later, awkward, but he was really happy to see we were too bored to sit through the entire rodeo when we left early.

10 comments:

Jolynne said...

ok, yes I am writting the comment at 3 in the morning. I am about to throw up any sec and I dont know what to do with myself. I can't lay down or anything, sorry I just had to complain since Cory doesnt want to hear it right now. But congrats on the run, I think now you are begining to understanding of how I feel when it really does consume your whole life when training for a big run. AND You do not look like a big mess. I think your one cute cow girl!

Jenna said...

When I come up I will not be running with you, but I will be doing everything else you want. Going to strawberry days would have been so fun (it is after all, a part of my heritage). I'm glad you could ruin that poor cowboys day.

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

Props for the running I hope to someday be a runner. I think you guys looked way cute all cowgirled out.

Colby and Hilary said...

How cute are you guys I am so glad I got to see you there!! We left early too.. Mostly because I was missing Kamri but also because I was bored! Yes lets go to that little store soon!!

R Clan said...

You look so cute! Enjoy all this fun you are having. I wish I could have more of it. :) Good job on the running. I wish I was as good as you are with that.

Muncher Cruncher said...

that man that yelled at us was so scary. I can't remember what he said though??

Amber said...

Ohhhhh!! I love love love the outfits. But most of all, I love how they were purchased at the DI. Please keep that tradition up. You can't get any better than that!

Amber said...

And thanks for running with me! I am so glad you came!

Chelsey said...

Lookin good girls! Look at you, running fool. I'm ready to dust off the blades and light up the Provo Canyon Trails!

Heats said...

Hot cowgirls! Have you heard of looking both ways to cross the street? Well maybe you should look both ways before taking a pic too. :)