Thursday, September 11, 2008

And I'm Proud to be an American...

Today, every time I got in my car there was a tribute to September 11th on the radio on the local country station, kbull 93. I heard their tribute about three times, and each time by the end tears were streaming down my face. I was thinking about where I was when this day happened seven years ago. I was in gym class my sophmore year and we were playing volley ball. Over the intercom we could hear someone speaking but since it was in thy gym, it was all muffled and we couldn't understand a word they were saying. When I got to my next American goverment class, it was on tv and no one said a word through the whole class. This went on all day long, we watched it on the news in all of my classes. I was in shock, I couldn't believe something like this could ever happen. I am so grateful for all the Soldiers who are out there serving our country or have served. I really think about how lucky I am to living in this amazing country with all the freedoms that I have. I wish I could find the same cut of the tribute for you to see, but I can't find it anywhere. So here is another really good one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVI5baftFo copy and paste..

7 comments:

Jolynne said...

B, I am so greatful for all the soldiers too! I can't imgaine what they go through for us! I of course was sluffing class when it happened, I will never forget. I was glued to the tv that day.

K. Bitton said...

I didn't even hardly leave the house yesterday, I didn't even realize the date until lie 4 p.m.! I remember that day clearly too. I was in Mr. halls health class and we were learning about the mourning process that day. How convienent huh!? Anyway, thanks for the reminder! :) Love ya!

Muncher Cruncher said...

We were talking about where we were when it happened at work yesterday, and it's interesting how vividly I can remember it. I was In fashion class...yep Kris Caldwell...and I don't think anyone even spoke. WE just sat and watched the news. We watched as the 2nd tower was hit and it was SO unbelievable. I can't believe that was 7 years ago. I will definitely never forget.

R Clan said...

I was in Vegas. Corey came and woke me up and started to tell me what happened. I got up and couldn't keep my eyes off the t.v. I had a mothers group play date that morning too. Corey's classes got cancelled. We were trying to keep track of my brother and his wife that lived there at the time. We would get updates periodically on our e-mail. It was nerve racking waiting to hear any news about them.

Tayden was born on Sept. 10th and our Anniversary is Sept. 12th so at least we don't have to think of that on either of those days.

Amber said...

I'm glad you got to hear some tributes. Unfortunately I live in a city where the only radio stations that exist are those with lots of western music and Mexican music. If i'm lucky, I'll hear a little bit of good music through all the static. When I was at school, they wouldn't let us watch it on TV. They said it was too 'scary' for us. I wish I could have seen more of it!

Colby and Hilary said...

Isn't it so crazy it was seven years ago!!! I was in that gym class with you, I remember we didn't even really know what was going on!!! What a sad day but what an incredible country we live in!!

Heats said...

I was in my apt getting ready for classes. I called J (we were dating then) and was glued to the tube. Crazy crazy. I can't wait to say I'm American!!