Sunday, July 27, 2008

utah symphony in the rain...

So last night I went on a blind date with this boy named Darryl and Megan and her date Johnny, to the Deer Valley Resort outdoor amphitheater and I don't know how it happened but it went down 20+ degrees up there at least, and it was POURING rain. I'm pretty sure that the entire valley was under a big black cloud and Darryl just kept saying, "it will pass, its just a little cloud.." and all I could think was are you serious?? are we looking at the same sky?? its SOO black and i don't even see anything other than that. We went to see the Utah Symphony to Beatle Mania or something like that, to be honest the weather was so bad that I only heard half of the songs anyway. So in case you were wondering, yes we stayed... The people that we went with had just gone camping or something and he had a tarp in his car. He layed it out when there was a break in the rain for 5 mintues and when it started again we folded it in half and were under it like a tent.. I was a little closer than I would have liked to have been to my date the entire time.
e are some photos.



This is when Darryl said it was just a little black rain cloud... we were still smiling...




This is when the rain was getting old and I was wondering why we weren't going home because my entire left side was completely wet from holding up the tarp and if I let my arm fall at all there would be a flood coming down my arm or right into my shoe, or down my back.




This is our make shift tent. I don't know what we would have done with out it. I would like to say go home, but I am not sure if that would have been the case.



When we finally got back into the car, we could laugh at the situation and say we had a good time, but during it all I could think was why are we still here?? haha. I'll be honest I don't usually document my first date, let alone with a guy I have never even met before, but this was just too good to not have pictures of. All in all it was a pretty fun date minus the part where they picked us up at 5pm and didn't take us to dinner. I really don't understand that, I mean they had to be starving too right? Or was it just me and Megan who had a piece of bread and a jamba juice for lunch and that was about it for the day.

6 comments:

Muncher Cruncher said...

HA HA HA....umm..."a taste of the haulocaust" is what we like to call it. WOW. Once again ben - I owe you ;)xoxoxo

Jenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heats said...

Seems s like the whole non-dinner thing happens a lot to you. Maybe you should permanently keep snacks in your purse. (but then again, you always have candy in it) Beats me. Eat BIG lunches. lol.

Unknown said...

bbear!! hahahah i LOVE this post... you are so funny. so cute. i miss you.

Amber said...

Ha ha! This was pretty dang good. At least he wasn't 5 feet tall and 2 hours late picking you up! Remember that blind date of mine? Thank you all for saving me from that!

Hayden said...

k one of my BIGGEST pet peaves when going out with guys is when they don't tell you to eat or not...!!!