Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of july = favorite holiday






So I have come to the conclusion that the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. i love christmas and thanksgiving, and of course my birthday, but the 4th of July just brings a different kind of favorite. Its a time to celebrate the independence of our country and to thank all of those who fight for our country. I am so honored to be an American and I feel so fortunate to live here and to have the freedoms that I have. I love that its a time to be with your family and friends and do things all day in the sun. Ever since I was little it has been tradition to go down to Provo and stay the night on the street to save the spot for the parade in the morning, but for the past few years I have been boycotting the parade and just staying up all night. I think parades would be a good time if I had some of my niece and nephews around me, but they all seem to do their own thing now so this year I didn't go. I went and floated down the freezing overcasted Provo River. It was seriously so so cold, which I competely expected the water to be, but I thought the sun would shine just a little bit to keep me warm...I was wrong. My tube had a hole that was covered in duck tape and the entire way down the river I could hear a whistle coming through the tape and it was slowly deflating but luckily I made it to the end without it popping. But my advice would be - if you leave to go down the river and its cloudy...don't think its going to warm up when you get in the water... This 4th I didn't get to have a bbq which I was a little sad about, but me my dad, holly, heather, jeremy, olivia and cohen all went to Brick Oven which was still very good, at least i got to be with my family :) after Brick Oven I took Olivia and Cohen and watched the fireworks on the provo temple grounds so that Heather, Jeremy my dad and Holly could all go see the Stadium of Fire. I was so surprised at how well they did Cohen was so good and didn't complain one bit staying up so late. The fireworks were amazing and Olivia and Cohen loved them. Cohen kept saying "horray" So cute. Overall I would say the 4th of July was a success.

6 comments:

Jolynne said...

That looks like so much fun B. I always wanted to do that down the provo river but Im scared. Way cute pics too!

Muncher Cruncher said...

ha ha ha..these pictures make me laugh and want to cry all at the same time. SO freaking cold!! So fun though. Next time...we canoe...

Amber said...

I love the 4th as well!! My sister Megan went down the Provo river once with the same conditions... cloudy sky. Don't worry because it started to rain and she came home not only looking like a wet rat, but I think she shivered for almost an hour! Sorry to hear it was so cold but it looked like you were still having fun! I need to float the river this summmer.

melissa marie said...

Love the pics! We were going to go down and decided not to on the 4th. Now I wish we would have.

R Clan said...

Those pictures are AWESOME!

Heats said...

Thanks B, for not only watching my kids on your favorite holiday but volunteering to do so. I love your guts.